We’ve had a lot of things happen over the past few weeks that I haven’t blogged about!
1) Menininho had his first ever play date. My friend Anne and her daughter were in town visiting family and invited Menininho and me over to Anne’s parents’ house.
2) We attended our first event with the Northern California Chapter (Marfan). It was a day-long symposium on pediatric issues. It was so much fun to see people I haven’t seen since July’s national conference and Menininho was a BIG hit! Mark and I were also invited to sit on the chapter’s steering committee, which brings me to #3:
3) I am now helping plan the chapter’s annual BBQ. We expect about 150 people to come. I was co-chairing the event and then learned I’m the only person on the committee with fundraising experience (hooray March for Marfan!) so now I’m heading the fundraising instead of co-chairing. I’m excited about it. 🙂
4) Menininho had his 2nd play date with a church playgroup of sorts. It’s organized by another congregation, but a woman in my congregation knows the ladies who run it so we got invited. It was held at this really cute park that’s also a farm. Roosters just walk around the place and then there are pigs and sheep and cows and goats and a PEACOCK for the kids to see. I loved it; Menininho slept through the entire thing.
5) Now that I am Relief Society Director of Music, I have to plan 5 minute music lessons every week. If you have suggestions of lessons I can teach, let me know!!!
6) WE’RE GOING TO OHIO THIS WEEKEND!!! I am really nervous about how Menininho is going to do with the plane ride and time change and all the people, but he’s been such a champ about everything else in his life thus far that I’m trying to be optimistic. Wish us luck!
Tomorrow is going to be insane tying up loose ends for the trip + a last minute doctor’s appointment, and we leave a little after really early Friday morning for the airport. Can’t wait!